With tremendous resources, Vietnam has many strengths in the field of food manufacturing. Today, the food production industry has become one of the key industries for economic development in our country and has always been invested for more comprehensive development. So what are the standards for food factories? Let’s learn more through the article below:
1.Location of food manufacturing plant
Selecting the right location is the first important criterion for food manufacturing plants. Two factors that are often considered when choosing a location are potential sources of contamination that can affect food and the best practices for preserving food.
Some areas should be avoid when choosing location for a food factory:
– Areas that may cause food contamination such as areas with contaminated environments or other industrial activities.
– The area which is often flooded.
– The area often has destructive and harmful organisms.
– Areas where solid and liquid wastes which are difficult to remove are already present.
For the location of the devices also note:
– Make sure the device is functioning properly.
– It should be placed in a convenient place for monitoring, cleaning and maintenance.
Nhà máy sản xuất thực phẩm
2. Standards for factories and departments of food manufacturing plant
2.1. Structure and assembly
Building structures that meet the standards for a food factory must be constructed of durable materials; At the same time, it must ensure that the maintenance, cleaning and disinfection processes can be easily carried out when necessary.
In addition, to ensure the quality of food, the food factory also needs to meet some of the following conditions:
– Choose non-absorbent, non-toxic materials for walls, partitions and floors.
– Walls and partitions prefer smooth surface design.
– The floor must be easy to drain and clean when necessary.
– Items on the ceiling need to minimize the accumulation of dust, condensation, and their ability to fall.
– Doors must have a smooth surface that is easy to clean and disinfect.
– Windows should be dust-proof, easy to clean and, if necessary, have an additional anti-insect system.
– Food contact surfaces must be durable, made of smooth, impervious materials; easy to clean, maintain and disinfect; Inert to food and detergents.
2.2. Ventilation system
The food factory standard for ventilation is that there should be no air movement from a contaminated area to a clean area. At the same time, this system in all positions must be easy and convenient for maintenance and cleaning.
The ventilation system can use natural wind or forced fan.
The use of a blower system will minimize food contamination due to airborne elements; while controlling temperature, odors, and humidity that can affect the quality of food.
2.3. Lighting systems
– The lighting system should provide enough light (natural or artificial) so that the operations in the food factory can be clearly seen.
– Design lighting must have an intensity appropriate to the nature of the operation.
– The light source must have protective devices to avoid debris that may affect the quality of the food.
Building a standard food factory is something that businesses in this field all need to do and want to improve in a better way. The above is one of the most basic things in the standards for food manufacturing plants , can help businesses always ensure the quality of food produced.
And to implement the standards for food factories in the most complete and fastest way, INTECH is always ready to accompany and support businesses.
*References: TCVN 5603:2008